At the conclusion of this one-hour webinar, participants will be able to:
- State the importance of media outreach in relationship to advocacy
- Identify the difference between “traditional media” and “social media”
- List the six key steps involved in traditional media outreach
- Identify at least four key concepts to remember when they speak to (“pitch”) the media about their library
- Recognize at least three keys to success to preparing and delivering a media interview
- Describe what is Turning the Page 2.0 and how this advocacy planning program can serve as a larger context for your media activities
Thursday, May 31, 2012
- 2:00–3:00 PM Eastern
- 1:00–2:00 PM Central
- 12:00–1:00 PM Mountain
- 11:00 AM–12:00 PM Pacific
Free but registration is required and space is limited.REGISTER NOW!
Deadline to register is 4:30 PM Central on Tuesday, May 29, 2012, or until space is no longer available, whichever comes first. Due to technical preparations for the webinar we are unable to process any registrations after this date/time.
If you have a physical or communication need that may affect your participation in this webinar, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-545-2433 ext. 5PLA (5752) at least two weeks prior to the registration deadline above. Without prior notification of need, we cannot attempt to provide appropriate accommodations.