Tuesday, July 10, 2012
Start Time: 12 Noon Pacific
This webinar will last approximately one hour. Webinars are free of charge. Registration is ONLY done on the day of the event on the WebEx server starting 30 minutes before the start of the webinar. No Passwords are required. For Tips and Registration Information, please go to http://infopeople.org/training/webcasts/tips.html
For more information and to participate in the July 10 webinar, go to http://infopeople.org/training/identifying-and-acquiring-new-skills
In these tough times, how can library staff:
- Leverage their existing skills to their best advantage?
- Learn how to acquire new skills critical for career advancement, career change, or solidifying their current position?
- Determine which of their skills are most marketable and transferable to other positions?
- Learn how to package their most transferable skills to maximize career growth and advancement?
This webinar offers practical advice for library staff seeking to expand their existing skill sets and develop new areas of expertise to broaden their career potential, maximize their earnings in their current position or gain that competitive edge for landing their next job. The presenters will identify and discuss more than 30 of the hottest skills in greatest demand in the library world.
Webinar attendees will be encouraged to determine which skills are most important to them and to assemble a customized skill set most likely to yield the highest payback for career growth and advancement.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
· Understand why expanding their skill set is the most important first step in boosting marketability and facilitating career growth and advancement.
· Learn about the 33 most sought after skills, in greatest demand in the current library work environment and understand why these are the most important skills to acquire.
· Have a firm grasp on six foolproof strategies for acquiring new skills.
· Learn how to conduct a self-assessment of their existing skill set as a prerequisite to formulating a plan to acquire the new skills they need for career advancement.
This webinar will be of interest to library staff contemplating the next job opportunity or career change and those seeking to identify their current skills and acquiring new ones.
If you are unable to attend the live event, you can access the archived version the day following the webinar. Check our archive listing at: http://infopeople.org/training/view/webinar/archived