In the first NISO virtual conference of the year, Future Perfect: How Libraries Are Implementing Emerging Technologies-to be held on February 20, 2012 from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time)-a variety of experts will discuss some of the technologies that offer the most promise for libraries. We aim to interact with the audience as much as possible to extend the conversation with those who are attending.
Virtual conferences are new type of educational event that NISO is offering this year. These 5-6 hour conferences are held online in webinar-like formats, with occasional breaks in the schedule for participants. The longer length allows the depth of coverage of a conference coupled with the convenience of a webinar. And all registrants get access to the recorded version for one year, so if you can't attend the whole conference virtually on the day of the event, you can view it later at your convenience.
Topics and speakers are:
* Keynote: Overview of the emerging technology landscape/how to keep up with emerging technologies - Jason Griffey, Head of Library Information Technology, University of Tennessee, Chattanooga
* Augmented Reality - Christine Perey, PEREY Research & Consulting
* 3D Printing: Makerspaces - Susan Considine, Executive Director, Fayetteville Free Library
* 3D Printing: Intellectual Property Concerns - Michael Weinberg, Senior Staff Attorney and Innovation Evangelist, Public Knowledge
* Espresso Implementation - Rivkah Sass, Library Director, Sacramento Public Library
* Library in a Box (Bibliobox) - David Fiander, Web Services Librarian, Western University
* Roundtable discussion: Implementing Emerging Technologies at Your Institution - Facilitated by Todd Carpenter, Managing Director, NISO
Registration is per site (access for one computer) and closes at 12:00 pm Eastern on February 20, 2013 (the day of the webinar). Discounts are available for NISO members and students. All virtual conference registrants receive access to the recorded version for one year.
Visit the event webpage to register and for more information:
RegistrationIf paying by credit card, register online.
If paying by check, please use this PDF form.
Registration closes on February 19, 2013 at 12:00 pm Eastern.
- NISO Member
- $185.00 (US and Canada)
- $225.00 (International)
- $245.00 (US and Canada)
- $285.00 (International)