May 7 to June 3, 2013
Would you like to increase your understanding of what causes patrons to behave in ways that may range from difficult or disruptive to potentially dangerous? Gain skills to deal more effectively with these behaviors? In this online course you will learn about these topics and more:
· External “trigger factors” and internal stress points
· Establishing boundaries and setting limits
· Consistent enforcement of your library’s policies and procedures
· Prevention and proactive approaches
· Follow-up after an incident occurs
This course is being repeated because of interest in the topic. Some of those who took the first course commented that: "I was able to learn more from this online course than any other 'Difficult Patron' course I have taken so far." "A lot of extremely useful skills in patron interaction."
Instructor: Mary Ross
Fee: $75 for those in the California library community and Infopeople Partners, $150 for all others.
For a complete course description and to register go to http://infopeople.org/training/customer-service-challenges.