Thursday, April 4, 2013
April: The Present and Future of E-Books
Thursday, April 18, 2:00-3:00pm Eastern
Sue Polanka leads an interactive discussion on “The Present and Future of E-Books,” focusing on what e-books and their exploding popularity mean for libraries and librarians everywhere.
•Sue Polanka—author, librarian, E-Book expert and creator of the award-winning blog “No Shelf Required” ( http://www.libraries.wright.edu/noshelfrequired/ ) —will be joined by an expert panel including:
• Jamie LaRue, Director of the Douglas County (CO) Libraries, an innovator in making e-books available to patrons
• Scott Wasinger, Vice President of Sales for eBooks and Audiobooks at EBSCO Publishing, who has been involved with eContent since the early days of commercial e-Readers
Please join us for this exciting free video broadcast, Thursday, April 18. To receive e-mail reminders, register at http://goo.gl/WjrDP or just go to www.americanlibrarieslive.org at the time of the event. If you’re unable to attend live, this event will be recorded and available at www.americanlibrarieslive.org shortly after it concludes.
AL Live is the popular free streaming video broadcast from American Libraries, covering library issues and trends in real time as you interact with hosts via a live chat and get immediate answers to your questions. With the help of real-time technology, it’s like having your own experts on hand. Find out more, including how to catch upcoming episodes, at http://www.americanlibrarieslive.org .
Future broadcasts include:
• May 9: Library Learning Goes Online
• June 6: New Technologies in Library Equipment
• July 30: Discovery Services: The Future of Library Systems
• Sept 12: Digging into New Databases
We hope you’ll take advantage of and enjoy this free way to participate and stay updated on the issues.
Posted By Mary Mackay