Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Start Time: 12 Noon Pacific / 1PM Mountain / 2PM Central / 3PM Eastern
· Want to start programming but don’t know where to start?
· Need help on providing quality programs on a limited budget?
This webinar will introduce the beginning program coordinator to the basic tools necessary to plan, implement and evaluate successful library programs for adult programming on a budget. From book discussions and author visits to craft programs and film screenings, this webinar is designed to help public librarians create programming that underscore the role of the public library as an important cultural, recreational and educational institution in the community.
This webinar will provide participants with ideas and samples of programs they can bring to their own library. A step-by step process and details including getting started, program types and associated costs, resources for low cost programs, and marketing and evaluating programs.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
· Be able to identify at least three types of low cost programs
· Be able to identify potential community partners within the community
· Be able to identify sources of invisible costs and in kind costs
· Be familiar with free and low cost avenues to promote programming
· Be able to collect and provide data to your organization and sponsors
This webinar will be of interest to public library staff newly assigned to coordinate programming for adults.
For more information and to participate in the Wednesday, May 15, 2013 webinar, go to http://infopeople.org/training/planning-adult-program
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Join Webinar button now or go directly to the webinar by clicking on Join Webinar within 30 of the start of the event. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event. If you did not preregister and you can register in the 30 minutes prior to the event and directly enter.
If you are unable to attend the live event, you can access the archived version the day following the webinar. Check our archive listing at: http://infopeople.org/training/view/webinar/archived