$275 (Simmons GSLIS Alumni Price $220)
July 1 - August 11, 2013 - PDPs: 25
Please note: This is a six-week workshop.
Smartphones are everywhere and there is an explosion of apps for productivity, research, reading, and studying. Librarians can better serve their communities by having expertise in mobile technologies.
Take this course to learn about the best apps for library users, including Evernote, Dropbox, Instapaper, iBooks, Kindle, and GoodReader.
What you'll learn:
- You will see how mobile apps help you work, study, read, and create.
- Get up to speed quickly: watch video demos and follow along on your own mobile device.
- Join a community of librarians and discuss what the explosion of mobile apps means for users, libraries, and society.
- Get access to a wealth of materials during and after the course.
- Become an expert for your own community.
- Have fun!
To participate, you need an iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad. Students write their own reviews or make videos to share with the class. By the end you will have enough material to offer a workshop for your library users or staff.
For more information, see http://apps4librarians.com/.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com or call (617) 521-2803