Start Time: Pacific - 12 PM, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
Presenter: : Jennifer Baker and Anthony Halstead
Collections - Making the Right Choices
- Did you take Collection Development in library school but still feel like you don’t know what you’re doing most of the time?
- Have changes in the publishing world like the explosion of self-publishing and eBooks left you doubting your selection skills?
- What does a “balanced” collection look like and is it achievable with a limited budget?
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will know:
- The difference between a collection policy and collection plan and what should be include in each.
- Three ways to make smart collection funding allocations and choices based on real world data relevant to their community’s needs.
- Three non-traditional selection methods and resources and how to use them effectively.
Webinars are FREE of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Join Webinar button now or go directly to the webinar by clicking on Join Webinar within 30 of the start of the event. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event. If you did not preregister and you can register in the 30 minutes prior to the event and directly enter.