Understand the tactics that modern media companies, journalists, marketers, politicians, technologists, and social networks are using to reach you and affect your behavior. You will learn how to adopt strategies that put them on an even footing with these entities in achieving your own communications goals. We'll
- think about, react to, and write about half a dozen important books about Google;
- read a sampling of newspaper and magazine reportage from Google’s entire history;
- monitor news sites and specialized blogs about the company and its competitors;
- take note of our own usage of Google and other online resources; and
- learn how to anticipate the future impact of the company and its competitors on information consumption, creation, and distribution.