Few people who “just Google it” to find an answer to their every question understand just what the company does (and why). Through this course, you'll join the minority that really gets it.
Enrollees in this course learn how to understand the tactics that modern media companies, journalists, marketers, politicians, technologists, and social networks are using to reach them and affect their behavior. They learn how to adopt strategies that put them on an even footing with these entities in achieving their own communications goals. They
- think about, react to, and write about half a dozen important books about Google;
- read a sampling of newspaper and magazine reportage from Google’s entire history;
- monitor news sites and specialized blogs about the company and its competitors;
- take note of their own usage of Google and other online resources; and
- learn how to anticipate the future impact of the company and its competitors on information consumption, creation, and distribution.