An Infopeople online course, July 8 to August 4, 2014
Do technology changes make you feel like you are rafting in whitewater? Here's an online course that will help you build your own personal strategies for staying on top of technology trends and feel better prepared for changes now and in the future. You’ll look at innovation cycles in consumer technology and how they influence your library and your community.
During the course, you will explore:
• Whether technologies are emerging or submerging
• Plans to incorporate a new technology
• Process reviews to improve existing technology
• Five key technology trends affecting libraries right now
• How to follow and filter trend watchers and trend setters—inside and outside the library world
First offered a year ago, this popular course has been updated. Those who took the previous course commented that, "The course got me thinking in a new direction...helping me be open to new technology, keep up with it, and consider how it can relate to our library and its users. Invaluable!"
Fee: $75 for those in the California library community and Infopeople Partners, $150 for all others.
For a complete course description and to register go to https://infopeople.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=405.