A free, six-week, non-credited course designed to help students worldwide find, evaluate, and use information efficiently, effectively, and ethically for academic work—to go beyond the search engine.
Course dates: Jun 23, 2014 to Aug 4, 2014
Sample topics covered in the course:
• Identifying scholarly, popular, and trade publications
• Establishing authority, reliability, and pertinence
• Using and citing copyrighted, open-access, and creative commons licensed works
• Managing information in the cloud
• Incorporating evidence in your writing
• Presenting research effectively
• …and much more
Course materials include links to collections of scholarly papers, publications, and other materials that are useful to undergraduate and graduate students, high-school students and teachers, and lifelong learners who are interested in strengthening their information skills.
Our MOOC is hosted by the Canvas Network and is accessible by anyone with a computer and an Internet connection, regardless of his/her location in the universe. Sign up today!