Thursday, November 20, 2014 / 12 noon Pacific
• Have you heard of Resource Description and Access (RDA), the new cataloging code?
• Would you like to know more about how RDA will affect your library’s staff and its users?
This webinar will cover the basics of RDA, including changes that will be noticeable to library staff (catalogers and non-catalogers alike) and to library users. Information in this webinar will range from practical tips for dealing with RDA records to thoughts about how RDA fits into future changes to library catalogs.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
• Be able to identify at least three differences between AACR2 and RDA
• Be able to identify the ways in which their ILS will need to be changed to accommodate RDA records.
• Have a familiarity with other cataloging developments related to RDA, such as BIBFRAME and Linked Data