An Infopeople 4-week online course, April 28 to May 25, 2015
Fee: $75 for those in the California library community and Infopeople Partners, $150 for all others.
For a complete course description and to register go to https://infopeople.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=477
Would you like to increase your understanding of what causes patrons to behave in ways that may range from difficult or disruptive to potentially dangerous? Gain skills to deal more effectively with these behaviors? In this online course you will learn about these topics and more:
• External “trigger factors” and internal stress points
• Establishing boundaries and setting limits
• Consistent enforcement of your library’s policies and procedures
• Prevention and proactive approaches
• Follow-up after an incident occurs
Because of interest in this topic, this Infopeople course is being repeated and updated. It will be particularly beneficial to library staff who are examining and developing policies and procedures.