An Infopeople short format* online course, April 7, 2015 to April 21, 2015
Many librarians consider their website as an online branch, but how do you know if your library’s website is effective? Part of the answer to this question is to study your site’s statistical data, or “analytics”. In this two week course learners will be introduced to one of the most popular data tools available, Google Analytics, which makes the collection of web statistics so easy, even an “accidental webmaster” can do it. At the completion of this course the learner will be able to:
• Create the code needed to embed Google analytics in a website or Wordpress blog
• Navigate the analytics dashboard
• Create a statistical report for a website
• Understand the differences between basic metrics
• Interpret 3 common pieces of data collected in the Analytics report and use it to make changes to their website or blog.
* Our new short format courses are reduced in price ($55 in-state/$110 out-of-state) and are customized in length to the topic, designed to be started and completed in 2 weeks and offer practical knowledge and information that can be put to use immediately.
Fee: $55 for those in the California library community and Infopeople Partners, $110 for all others.