ALCTS offers a wide variety of online continuing education opportunities through e-Forums, webinars, and web courses. Below is a list of upcoming events beginning in August, 2012. Additional details, fees and other information (including links to registration) will be posted at http://www.ala.org/alcts/confevents as they become available.
E-forums are still being planned and finalized for Summer and Fall. The following is a list of potential topics:
- Turning Statistics into Assessment
- Role of the Profession in Academic Research Technical Services Departments
- Federal Depository System (in conjunction with GODORT)
- Library as Place: Making the Library an Inviting Environment
- and more!
Learn more at http://www.ala.org/alcts/confevents/upcoming/e-forum.
If you have additional e-forums ideas, please contact Kristin Martin, e-Forum Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Future of the Integrated Library? (August 1)
- Universal Access to All Knowledge (September 5)
- Demand Driven Acquisitions: Part 1 and 2 (September 19 and October 3)
- Digital Preservation: Part 1 and 2 (October 10 and November 14)
- Principles of Classification (October 24)
- Holdings Comparisons: Why are They So Complicated (November 28)
Additional webinars are still in the planning stage but include:
- RDA implementation series
- and featured authors from the Sudden Selector's Guides Learn more at http://www.ala.org/alcts/confevents/upcoming/webinar
- Fundamentals of Acquisitions (September 17 - October 12)
- Fundamentals of Collection Assessment (August 13 - September 21)
- Fundamentals of Collection Development/Management (August 20 - September
- Fundamentals of Electronic Resources Acquisitions (September 24 - October
- Fundamentals of Preservation (September 10 - October 5) Learn more at http://www.ala.org/alcts/confevents/upcoming/webcourse(including
Questions? Interested in sponsoring or creating an event? Contact email@example.com.
Posted on behalf of the ALCTS Continuing Education Committee.