Thursday, August 30, 2012
Fundamentals of Collection Assessment
ALCTS Web Course
Session: October 15 - November 23, 2012
Description: This six-week online course introduces the fundamental aspects of collection assessment in libraries. The course is designed for those who are responsible for or interested in collection assessment in all types and sizes of libraries. The course will introduce key concepts in collection assessment including:
- the definition of collection assessment
- techniques and tools
- assessment of print and electronic collections
- project design and management
Learning Outcomes: At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- describe the fundamental aspects of collection assessment
- understand the various collection assessment methods and tools, including both qualitative and quantitative analysis
- design and implement a collection assessment project
- perform a collection assessment of print resources
- complete a collection assessment of electronic resources
Who should Attend: This is a fundamentals course that will app! eal to anyone interested in the topic with no previous experie! nce.
Registration Fees: $109 ALCTS Member and $129 Non-member
How to Register: For additional details and registration information see: http://www.ala.org/alcts/confevents/upcoming/webcourse/fca/ol_templ
Contact: For questions about registration, contact ALA Registration by calling 1-800-545-2433 and press 5 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For all other questions or comments related to the web courses, contact Julie Reese, ALCTS Events Manager at 1-800-545-2433, ext. 5034 or email@example.com.
To view this Event in Connect, go to http://connect.ala.org/node/186335.