An Infopeople online course, June 4 to July 1, 2013
How confident do you feel about your ability to recommend books to the children, tweens, and teens who use your library? If you want to be able to help parents and teachers find read-alouds, guide beginning readers to books they will enjoy, and provide tweens and teens with reading suggestions, this is the course for you. You'll learn about:
- Effective readers' advisory interview questions
- Trends in books for young people
- Popular nonfiction that fits the new Common Core Curriculum standards
- Free online tools to keep track of books you have read
- Reading apps, e-books for youth, and other online reading
- Booktalking and other techniques that "sell" books to young readers
Instructor: Penny Peck
Fee: $75 for those in the California library community and Infopeople Partners, $150 for all others.
For a complete course description and to register, go to http://www.infopeople.org/training/readers-advisory-children-tweens-and-teens.