Group (3+): $95
When you’ve got a one-hour, one-shot library-instruction session scheduled, speedy and accurate student assessments are of paramount importance. Information literacy expert Sarah Steiner will show you how five minutes of skilled, targeted assessment is all you need to give you a precise understanding of students’ needs, learning, and retention. Drawing from real-life examples, Steiner will discuss how to write the best assessment questions and use inexpensive survey tools to gauge learning while you interact with students.
- How to write effective learning outcomes
- How to ask questions that get you useful information
- Examples with analysis on what other academic libraries are doing
- Choosing an assessment model
- Selecting appropriate assessment tools