An Infopeople online course, April 8 to May 5, 2014
Are you looking for new ways to connect your library with your community? Do you want to promote community discourse and build capacity for civic engagement? In this course you will explore:
• What community and civic engagement is and why it is important to libraries
• How government, non-profits, and libraries can build useful and innovative relationships
• Assessing local interests and needs
• Targeting specific groups in your community
• Public forums in libraries: how to handle hot topics and reach consensus
An online meeting during the course will focus on how to create and facilitate civic dialogue and reflection programs.
Fee: $75 for those in the California library community, $150 for all others.
For a complete course description and to register go to https://infopeople.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=381