Beginning Monday, March 3
Open source software offers libraries the opportunity to save money and maintain a degree of flexibility and control over their own software that they may not get with proprietary programs. In this eCourse, students will explore the open source movement and learn about its implications for libraries.
After completing this eCourse, you'll
• understand the open source software movement
• understand key issues surrounding the implementation of open source software in libraries
• be able to identify major open source programs and understand what they do
• understand the current landscape of library-specific open source programs
• have resources for finding additional open source programs to suit different needs