Date: Thursday January 24, 2013
Time: 2:30 p.m Eastern (11:30 a.m. Pacific)
Presenters: Bryan Gould, WGBH National Center for Accessible Media (NCAM); Geoff Freed, WGBH National Center for Accessible Media (NCAM); Lucia Hasty, Rocky Mountain Braille Associates
To register follow this link: https://cc.readytalk.com/r/idq06crrrs2j
Don’t miss “Accessible Images: From Creation to End User,” an overview of best approaches for making your online images accessible to those with print disabilities.
Topics covered in this free webinar will include:
- overview of tactile diagrams
- decision process for whether to create a tactile diagram or describe an image
- how to create image descriptions
- how end users navigate image descriptions and what they sound like
- demonstration of DTB readers such as Read2Go (iOS) and discussion of DTB authoring tool options
- discussion of which devices can read image descriptions, including the gh player
- updates on DIAGRAM working groups and DIAGRAM at CSUN
A recording of the session, along with the slides, will be made available after the session at http://diagramcenter.org/standards-and-practices/training.html
Please feel free to forward this message and help spread the word! There is no limit on the number who may join the webinar.